Are you ready for a once-in-a-lifetime photography adventure?
Join me and Andrew Waddington with a small group of participants on a 10-day photography workshop in Patagonia, where we’ll explore the Argentinian side of this breathtaking landscape. We’ll be based in El Chalten, with a hotel as our home base. Unlike other tours, we’ll incorporate short hikes to fully experience and capture the beauty of the mountains. From capturing sunrise to sunset, as well as night photography and post-processing, we’ll use our expertise and knowledge of the place to ensure we’re in the best location and time to create stunning imagery. Throughout the workshop, we’ll share our photography philosophy and entire workflow, giving you the skills to capture incredible shots and pursue your own photography goals. With a small group size of only 6, we offer a personal and flexible learning environment, allowing you to explore and find unique compositions in the field.
Photography is our passion, and we’re committed to helping you achieve your goals while ensuring a fun and enjoyable experience. We’ve been professionally running workshops for years, sharing our love for photography with people worldwide. Let us show you how photography can change your life and bring joy to your world.
- I’m sold out! Only waiting list. Please contact me if you’re interested in my upcoming 2025 workshop in Torres del Paine, Chile.
- Price: $5000 ($1000 deposit to hold your spot, and remaining $4000 at least 90 days before the workshop’s date)
- Dates: March 31st – April 10th 2024 (You will need to fly on the 30th and arrive 31st to El Calafate. The workshop starts on Monday, April 1st)
- Location: Patagonia, Argentina. Beginning and ending in El Calafate
- Group Size: Maximum of 6 participants
- Skill Level: Suitable for photographers of all skill levels
- Fitness Level: If weather permits we will be hiking between 4 to 9kms (2.5 to 5 miles) one way. These are not difficult hikes and we can take as much time as needed to get to the location on time.
- Pick up & drop-off at El Calafate Airport (FTE).
- Transportation during the trip in private vehicles.
- Accommodation in hotels in shared rooms with private bathrooms. (Single room available for an additional $1000 fee)
- Entrance ticket to Glaciar Perito Moreno.
- Local mountain guides in Los Glaciares National Park.
What’s not included:
- Flights to/from El Calafate Airport.
- Private room – Extra $1000 (*Subject to availability).
- Meals (all hotels serve free breakfasts)
- Health and travel insurance.
- DSLR/mirrorless cameras and a sturdy tripod.
- A super wide-angle lens, such as a 14-24 mm lens.
- A medium zoom lens, such as a 24-70 or 24-120 mm lens.
- A telephoto lens, like a 70-300 or 100-400 mm lens.
- A camera bag to carry all your photography gear.
- A 5-stop or more f-stops ND filter to shoot waterfalls and rivers.
- A CPL (circular polarizer filter).
- A headlamp for the night photography and camping.
- Depending on your camera, extra two, three or even four batteries (when shooting long exposures at night)
Unfortunately, flying drones is not allowed in the national park that we will visit.
Clothing, and other recommended items:
It’s important to note that weather conditions can change rapidly in Patagonia, and it’s always better to be over-prepared than under-prepared. The average temperature in April is between 50ºF to 23°F (10° C to -5ºC). You should be prepared for all kinds of weather conditions, and bring warm waterproof and windproof clothing. We recommend bringing at least the following items:
- Waterproof and windproof jacket
- Warm base layers, such as long-sleeve shirts and pants
- Insulated jacket or down vest
- Fleece or wool sweater
- Waterproof and windproof pants
- Warm hat and gloves
- Sturdy and comfortable hiking (over the ankle) boots with a few pairs of warm socks
- Sunglasses and sunscreen
- Hiking poles.
- Headlamp or flash light.
Tourists from many countries, including those in the Americas, Europe, Eastern Asia, Israel, Australia, and New Zealand, can enter Argentina without a visa for stays of up to 90 days. However, if you are from a country outside these areas, you should check whether you need a tourist visa to enter Argentina.
You should book your flight to El Calafate International Airport (FTE). Flying from USA the best option is to fly with United Airlines and book your flight directly to El Calafate. With other airlines (e.g. Delta) you’ll need to book your flights separately, one to Buenos Aires, and another from Buenos Aires to El Calfate with Argentinian Airlines (Aerolineas Argentinas). If you fly from other counties please check with your local airlines.
The official currency in Argentina is the Argentine peso (ARS). We recommend bringing large denomination bills (e.g., $100 dollars instead of $20) and exchanging currency at local establishments in El Chalten, where we can recommend a few places that offer favorable exchange rates. Argentinians often prefer US dollars, so if your home currency is not USD, we suggest exchanging your money to USD before arriving in Argentina. While credit cards are widely accepted in El Calafate, many businesses in El Chalten still only accept cash. Therefore, we recommend carrying enough cash with you to cover expenses during your stay in the area.
Meals are not included, except for breakfasts at the hotel. Please be prepare to spend about $20 to $40 USD on food a day.
In Argentina the power plug sockets are of type C and I. The standard voltage is 220 V and the frequency is 50 Hz. Most laptop and battery charges will work without a need for a converter. All you need is the type C adapter.
How to Book:
If you’re interested in our workshop, and would like to to sign up, please use the contact form HERE
Cancellations & Refunds:
90 days or more before departure: If we can find another participant, we will refund your deposit and other payments you’ve made. If we can’t fill your spot, a $500 cancelation fee will apply.
30-90 days before departure: If we can find another participant, we will refund your deposit and other payments you’ve made minus $100 administrative fee. If we can’t fill your spot, a $1000 cancelation fee will apply.
30 days or less: If we can find another participant, we will refund your deposit and other payments you’ve made minus $200 administrative fee. If we can’t fill your spot, No refunds will be given, and your deposit will be forfeited.
It should be noted that we reserve the right to cancel this photo tour in the event of insufficient registrations not meeting the minimum enrollment requirements. If we are considering a cancellation, we will notify you beforehand. If we do cancel the tour, we will refund 100% of your deposit and any payments made.